In this course, we will learn how to export and import the translation files in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Before proceeding ahead, make sure to subscribe to CRM Crate inorder to stay up-to-date in field of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
Why do we need translations in Dynamics 365 CRM?
In Dyamics CRM, if you have customized components such as entity, field text such as field labels or drop-down list values, views etc, you can provide the users in your organization / tenant who are not working with the base language version (English, German, French etc) of your environment with this customized text in their own languages. To achieve this , you have to export the text strings for all your customizations so that they can be translated into the languages you use in your organization.
Steps to achieve custom translations in Dynamics CRM
- Create a solution and add the component needed to translate.
- Export the translation and open the XML in excel.
- Modify the translation excel and save the changes.
- Import the translation back into CRM.
Create a solution and add the component needed to translate.
- Open the Dynamics CRM >> Settings >> Solutions as shown below.
- Create a new solution and add the component (Example: – Entity, Field, View etc) which you want to translate. In this example, we have added the Account’s field “Account Number” for transalation.
Export the translation and open the XML in excel.
- Click on the translation button and select “Export Translation” in the above created solution as shown below.
Modify the translation excel and save the changes.
- Open & extract the downloaded translation ZIP file as shown below.
- Select the file “CrmTranslations.xml” >> Right Click >> Open in Excel as shown below.
- Navigate to the tab “Localized Labels” >> Search for the field you want to translate and enter the value as per your translation need.
Import the translation back into CRM.
- Save the XML excel file >> Re-ZIP the file into the solution as shown below.
- Now, navigate back to CRM >> Settings >> Open the same translation solution >> Click on the Translation button >> Click on Import as shown below.
Validate the translated changes in CRM
- Navigate back to CRM and validate the translation changs. In our case, we have translated the Account Number field on the Account form as shown below.