In this course, we will learn Integrating Microsoft Teams with Dynamics 365. Before we start, make sure to subscribe CRM Crate so that you are always up-to-dated in field of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
What is Microsoft Teams & need to integration with Dynamics 365 CRM?
Microsoft Teams is a highly efficient chat-based collaboration platform complete with online meetings, document sharing and many more extremely useful features for business communications.
Below are few key features of Microsoft Teams.
- Conversations within channels and teams. All team members can view and add to different conversations in the General channel and can use an @ function to invite other members to different conversations, not unlike Slack.
- Teams and channels. Teams are made up of channels, which are conversation boards between teammates.
- A chat function. The basic chat function is commonly found within most collaboration apps and can take place between teams, groups, and individuals.
- Online video calling and screen sharing. Enjoy seamless and fast video calls to employees within your business or clients outside your business. A good video call feature is great to have on a collaboration platform. One can also enjoy simple and fast desktop sharing for technical assistance and multi-user real-time collaboration.
- Online meetings. This feature can help enhance your communications, company-wide meetings, and even training with an online meetings function that can host up to 10,000 users. Online meetings can include anyone outside or inside a business. This feature also includes a scheduling aid, a note-taking app, file uploading, and in-meeting chat messaging.
- Document storage in SharePoint. Every team who uses Microsoft Teams will have a site in SharePoint Online, which will contain a default document library folder. All files shared across all conversations will automatically save to this folder. Permissions and security options can also be customized for sensitive information.
- Audio conferencing. This is a feature you won’t find in many collaboration platforms. With audio conferencing, anyone can join an online meeting via phone. With a dial-in number that spans hundreds of cities, even users that are on the go can participate with no internet required. Note this requires additional licensing.
- Full telephony. That’s right! The days of seeking VoIP vendors and overspending on a phone system are finally over. Microsoft 365 Business Voice can completely replace your business’ existing phone system. Note this requires additional licensing.
Click here to download Microsoft Teams.
How to enable Microsoft Teams on Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM?
- Open the Dynamics 365 CRM >> Advance Settings >> Administrations >> System Settings >> General. Navigate to the Teams integration section and enable the Teams integration as shown below. Enable the Teams Integration for your Dynamics 365 .
- Now, open the Microsoft Teams desktop application and sign in with the credentials of the above operated Dynamics 365 CRM.
- In the search box, seach for “Dynamics 365’” and install the app for Teams.
- You can also enable Bot with Dynamics 365.
- Click on Configure and select your Dynamics 365 environment.
- Almost there, now you can select your Dynamics 365 App to connect. You can connect to any D365 App like Sales, Customer Service, Project Service, Marketing, etc.
- Search for any record. Now, you can see Dynamics 365 data in Teams or Open a record in Dynamics 365 from Teams.
- Open Dynamics 365 Dashboard in Teams: Go to Setting in Dynamics 365 App in Teams and select your environment and default App.
- You can even change the app and environment for your Dashboard in Teams.