We will learn how to configure your Model-Driven App/Customer Engagement App to launch as an independent browser application. Before we start, make sure to subscribe to CRM Crate so that you can stay up to date in the field of Power Platform.
In the context of Microsoft Power Platform and Power Apps, a Model-Driven App is an app type that is built around the Dataverse data model. You can configure various environment settings for Model-Driven Apps to control their behavior and functionality. These settings are typically managed within the Power Platform admin center or the Power Apps maker interface.
Configure your Power App to launch as an independent browser application
Customer Engagement App / Model-Driven App provide you an ability to launch or start your application in a separate browser pop-up window where there are no browser based controls by using ‘Application Mode‘. Follow the below steps to turn on Application Mode.
- Sign-in the Power Platform Admin Center (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments) with a global admin security role.
- Select an environment of your choice and navigate to ‘Settings’.
- Click on Settings >> Product >> Behavior.
- Navigate to ‘Basic Behavior’ and find the toggle setting called ‘Application Mode’.
- Turn on the application mode and save the configuration.
When you activate this mode, customer engagement applications can be launched in a web browser, devoid of menus, navigation options, or toolbar. Hiding of these browser elements creates the illusion that customer engagement apps resemble standalone applications rather than conventional websites.