In this course, we will learn to pass the parameters in App URL of Canvas App. Before we start, make sure to subscribe to CRM Crate so that you will stay up-to-date in the field of Power Apps.
How to call a Canvas App from App URL?
First we will learn to call a Canvas App from the App URL with help of below steps.
- Open the Power Apps portal (https://make.powerapps.com/).
- Navigate to “Apps”, select the application of your choice and click on more details as shown below.
- In the details section, copy the URL present in the “Web Link” as shown below.
- We can call our Canvas App directly by inserting this URL in the web browser.
Passing the parameters in App URL of Canvas App?
In the above step we learned to call the Canvas App with help of App URL. Now we will learn to pass the parameter for our Canvas App within the App URL.
- Open the Canvas App and design a component to store a dynamic parameter. In our scenario, we have used the label component to store the URL parameter named “CRMCrateInput” as shown below.
Param(PARAMETER_NAME)We can declare the parameters in the format of Param(“Text”)
- Now, append the parameter in the application URL copied above.
https://APP_URL?ParameterName=ParameterValueWe will have to append the parameter at the end of our Canvas App URL as given below –
Final App URL – https://apps.powerapps.com/play/915a6185-bbd2-2bdd9549086d?tenantId=4y2d1357-4f06-45fdb345db75?CRMCrateInput=Test
Dynamically passing parameters in App URL –
In real-time scenario, we need to dynamically pass the parameters in the App URL. To suffice this need, below is the sample example where we are passing dynamic value to the Canvas App from Dynamics 365 CRM.
Thus we learned to pass the parameters in App URL of Canvas App.