What are list views in Dynamics 365?
In Dynamics 365 CE, the views are used to define how a list of records for a specific entity is displayed.
The views define the below properties: –
- The columns to be displayed.
- The width of columns displayed.
- How the list of records is sorted by default.
- What default filters are applied to restrict which records will appear in the list.
The records that are visible in individual views are displayed in a list, sometimes called a grid, which frequently provides options so that people can change the default sorting, column widths, and filters to more easily see the data that’s important to them. Views also define the data source for charts that are used in the application.
Click on the given link to learn more about views “https://www.crmcrate.com/view/“.
Why do we need custom icons in the views?
Microsoft has not provided any out-of-the-box feature to the dynamically display icons in the view columns. Consider a business requirement where you need to dynamically populate an icon in a view column as per the column value. This requirement can be achieved with help of the below given procedure.
Below are the required prerequisites –
A. Create your own PNG web-resources in Dynamics 365.
B. Create an entity list view with the column used for displaying icons in Dynamics 365.
Follow the below steps to add custom icons in views.
- In our scenario, we are reading the value from an option-set type column named “Subscriber Type” and appending the icons to it.
- Select and open the column in which you need to display the icons.
- Once done, publish the customization.
Validate the changes in Dynamics 365 –
Thus we learned to add custom icons to a list View & Grids in Dynamics 365.